Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Father to Daughter


Capture this: (Created by Marilyn Moore, 2012) (warning explicit)
"Dad I'm 17 and sick of your judgments and speeches. They are pure crap to me anyway! I studied and got into college! I got a scholarship and saved you money not God! Stop praising him for my damn success! Do I get any credit beside a hug! You go off and scream Gods name for the time and efforts I put in!!  I did the whole celibate thing, but I'm done! I won't be in Your House or living off Your Money! I can have sex if I want," the daughter yelled! 
Her single dads’ hand shacked profusely and all his prayer and self-control ended as he smacked her across her face!  She ran off as he stood in shock, failure, fear and relief all at once. His thoughts began to tell him that he made the right choice; she was out of order! Her filthy mouth was disrespectful! God would have approved! He contemplated the matter and decided he would not say another word to her for her last month at home. The father was certain he did not care what she did when she left! He persuaded himself to march upstairs and show her who runs their house! She can leave now, he thought! As he walked up the stairs, he passed all the pictures of her childhood, and her many plaques and awards. He thought to himself, she thinks she did this on her own! Is a she a nut!!!!! 

He abruptly opened her door and there she sat shaking in tears with clothes everywhere and an open suitcase! She instantly started yelling,"I was just being honest, why would you hit me! Is that your going away present, am I that horrible!”  The daughter began to wail at the ceiling, “I am Sorry God, I did get your help, but all my Dad thinks of is you and barely acknowledges me anymore! Before he says congrats to me he praises you and sometimes doesn’t even tell me he is proud of me, he just thanks you and walks away!” She looked at her father with humility and said, “I have been faithful to God and you Dad, but you only love God!" 

His hurt was shattered and so was his anger; it was a cry for attention! Teens do worst to get attention, he thought. Forgiveness was in his heart, but his mind could not settle on forgiveness. He just stared at her and knew he should hug her or sit next to her but his pride held him back! “Well are you going to say anything Dad, maybe hit me again, start praying, say something!!! Say Something!!!!! She screamed, as she ran over to him and started to hit his chest and cry freely!  

In that moment his pride subsided and he saw a little girl again in need of her dad. He held her and said, "I love you and am extremely proud of you! You are my blessing and that is why I praise God so often! God gave us all the strength to accomplish things and to remain faithful, but we all do not choose to use it. You used it, that’s what makes you unique! You are more then a conqueror! As God would say! Do not suffer defeat because of my failure to balance my relationship with you, God and the church! Now work out your own salvation with fear and trembling! Build your relationship with God and I will build my relationship with you! Oh yeah missy, you will need my money! A pre law student will not want to work full time!” She looked up at him with forgiveness and they laughed!

Love is the key ingredient that each home has to have in order to survive. I believe I can be pretty loving and forgiving, but I think twice when I read 1Corinthians 13:3-7 (msg)
I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.  Love never gives up. Love cares more for others than for self. Love doesn't want what it doesn't have. Love doesn't strut, Doesn't have a swelled head, Doesn't force itself on others, Isn't always "me first," Doesn't fly off the handle, Doesn't keep score of the sins of others, Doesn't revel when others grovel, Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, Puts up with anything, Trusts God always, Always looks for the best, Never looks back, But keeps going to the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...