Sunday, December 1, 2013

Under God's Construction

  
As we grow in God we are stretching. We are really expanding and like all major construction, this can be tiresome and downright painful.  Please be confident in our living God who will do exceedingly and abundantly, higher than we could ask or even think. Hey I don’t make this stuff up; it’s in his word, check out Ephesians 3:20, it will give you the low down.  Is it my area of expertise, not at all, but definitely a place where I have lots of experience.

I am a construction site and some may only see the equipment scattered and hear the banging. They see the dust and the rowdy workers and say “Good grief! When will this place be complete, it is chaotic!” I see the strong tower, a higher place of humility! Bricks of peace and a foundation of hope gleams from the site. I tell you in advance, sunglasses are needed as the sun reflects off the finest steel and the Glory of God hovers over. 

Yes my perception of who I am and where I am going is quite sanguine! It’s hopeful for sure! Encourage yourself in the Lord because you are who you will to be!

King David, my mentor knows this first hand. I follow his motto as my construction is in progress. In 1 Samuel 30 David and his men were raided in Ziklag and lost it all. Family, possessions and worst of all, they lost their hope. All they could see was the destroyed camp so they weep till it hurt.  David grieved having his wives kidnapped and feared being stoned by his men, yet he still encouraged himself in the Lord. Yes in the Lord, not his iphone, video game or illegal substance. They were lead to victory and regained what they lost and more!

David was an expert of encouraging himself in the most high God! He can teach us that just because you are under construction it does not mean God hasn't called you in this season! In 1 Samuel 22 our great warrior, David was in the cave of Adullam on the run from King Saul and had to be Commander over the masses. These folks were jacked up and the funny thing was in the natural eye, so was he! But God!!! But God!!! Families pray without ceasing!

Precious savior, I ask you to forgive me of my sins and hear my prayer this morning! I pray favor over families construction sites. Lord God your blessings make us rich and add no sorrow. We are rich in hope, joy and peace! Families you are rich in love and confident in God's will for your lives! Bless your holy name God all the days of our lives! We seek first your kingdom and we gladly accept all that comes with it! In Jesus the Christ name I pray. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...